how to find your device
Please identify the MAC address for the multimedia device you’re connecting to the Outdoor WiFi network. Your device’s MAC address is needed to use the Outdoor WiFi network. Instructions for different devices are listed below. Once you’ve identified the MAC address, please email it, or a Screenshot/Picture of the MAC address, to email@example.com.
Note: These instructions do not apply to your laptop computer nor your mobile phone. These instructions apply to IoT (Internet of Things) devices.
What is a MAC Address
A MAC address is a unique combination of six pairs of hexadecimal numbers separated by either dashes or colons. Examples: 41-C9-AC-C2-D0-06 or 41:C9:AC:C2:D0:06
How do I find the MAC Address?
The examples below are for illustrative purposes only. Depending on your device, you may visit the manufacturer’s website or consult the manual to locate the MAC address. On some devices, the MAC address is also printed on the back of the device next to the serial number.
- Roku – Settings > About
- Amazon Fire Stick – Home Screen, Scroll to Settings > System > About > Network
- Apple TV – Main Menu > Settings > Wireless ID
- Playstation – Settings > System Settings > System Information
- Xbox One – Settings > Network > Advanced Settings > Wireless MAC Address
Blu-Ray Players & Smart TVs
- Samsung – Home Menu > Setup > Network Setup > Network Connection Test
- LG – Home Menu > Setup > Network > Status
- Panasonic – Home Menu > Setup > Network
Nook & Kindle
- Nook – Tap Nav Arrow > Device Info > About Your Nook
- Kindle – Go to Menu > Settings > Menu > Device Info
- Kindle Fire, Fire HD, & Fire HDX – Tap Settings > Device